Need help with LED pin layout on motherboard

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Steve Dambrowski, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. I was given an Asus PV3 motherboard and I'm having problems
    connecting the case led wires in the correct spots.

    I have an Antec case.. the one Alien Ware used to use... I have
    four connections - power led, reset sw, speaker, and hdd led.

    On the motherboard it is kindof printed what should go where,
    but it's not working.

    (I know the motherboard is good)

    The Antec case also has like 9 other connectors.. all one pin. couple
    say ground.. two say 5 volt and a couple say D.

    I got the case like a year ago and I can't find the book.. On Antec's
    website it didn't mention the other connectors.. just the main 4.

    Asus doesn't have, or I couldn't find, any pictures for the pin layouts,
    so I'm kindof lost. I'd like to be able to use this motherboard, but
    without being able to power it up it's going to be hard. lol.

    Thanks!!!

    STEve

    Steve Dambrowski, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Steve Dambrowski

    rstlne Guest

    What's a PV3
    What kind of Processor does it have in it, what kind of chipset is it, and
    are you sure it's a PV3

    rstlne, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Steve Dambrowski

    Paul Guest

    Maybe he has swapped the letters and it is P3V133 or P3V4X ?

    In any case, visit:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx

    and type in the full correct string of letters printed
    on the motherboard for a model number. Select "manual"
    from the pulldown menu and all will be revealed. Eventually
    you get to a download page with four servers lists, and one
    of them is bound to be working.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 9, 2004