Need Help with New 8rda3+ Pro

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Tmk, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Tmk

Tmk

I just purchased a new epox 8rda3+ Pro Mobo to replace an 8rda3+ (over 3 years old) that was showing symptoms of being dead. (leaking caps, would not boot). Anyhow, I attached the same amd athlon xp 2500+, same thermotake volcano 9 heat sink, same crucial DDR PC2700 512MB memory stick, same ATI video card. I then just connected the bare minimum to test the thing. I hooked up the cooler fan and the pw swith pin, Led pins etc, hooked up monitor, keyboard and mouse. Cleared the CMOs and then pushed the power. The fans turn on and I get a blinking FF display and no beeps whatsovever. However to get this, I have to hold down the power switch! All stops when I let go of the power switch. Need some help if possible.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
    Tmk, Oct 27, 2006
  2. Tmk

GinsuGuy585

Are you sure the individual components work? I would be suspicious of the ram/cpu since aparently the last system they were in died.

GinsuGuy585, Nov 26, 2006
Ask a Question