    My monitors resolution is 1680x1050 and the TV's is 1366x768.

    TIA

    Roy

    Roy Colson, May 19, 2009

  2. Roy Colson

    Paul Guest

    Is there an "overscan/underscan" control in the interface somewhere ?
    Maybe that can be used to fix the image.

    Composite and S-video are not the best interfaces to use on a modern
    LCD TV. There are other interfaces which can give better results.
    Have a look at the manual, to see what computer interfaces your
    LCD TV might support. Some examples might be HDMI or DVI for
    digital signals, or VGA or YPrPb for higher resolution analog
    signals.

    Paul

    Paul, May 19, 2009

  3. Hi!
    You are using the S-video connection, which means that you are
    artificially limiting the quality and resolution of the picture going
    to your TV. The TV connector on your card is actually driven by a
    built-in device known as a scan converter.

    Put simply, a scan converter somewhat brutally pushes, shoves and
    squeezes the video output from your card until it would be displayable
    by the average TV or video monitor. Quality goes right out of the
    window, and the edges are cut off because TV pictures are overscanned.
    (That is to say that the picture normally extends off the edge of the
    screen. You can make the edges show up on older TVs that had vertical
    or horizontal height/width controls.)

    Try to connect your TV to a "better" output if you have one. Most
    modern TVs can accept input from DVI, HDMI, YPbPr, or even good old
    analog (15-pin) VGA.

    William

    William R. Walsh, May 19, 2009