Need Help With Sun Fire 4800 Controller Password Reset

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by thiz24, Jul 19, 2006.

  1. thiz24

    thiz24 Guest

    I am having difficultly resetting the password on the controllers (see
    the errors below).

    While trying to recover system controller administrator password per
    www.phptr.com/articles/article.asp?p=28711&seqNum=6 (Securing the
    Sun Fire™ Midframe System Controller), we get this error:
    -> kernelTimeSlice 5
    value = 0 = 0x0
    -> javaConfigLoading JVM...ERROR: failed to load JVM (S_errno_EINVAL)
    value = -1 = 0xffffffff = _func_taskRegsShowRtn + 0xfff082ab

    Rest of procedure (obviously) fails. How can we reset the password if
    Java fails to load?

    Procedure worked on another System Controller with no issues.

    Thanks for your help.
    Tyler

    thiz24, Jul 19, 2006