    Is anybody aware of websites that have tracked prices over the years?

    Thanks.

    Chris.

    Chris, Feb 3, 2004

  2. beginning 1995 4mb FPM/EDO RAM (72pin) = 300 DM

    Sören Kühling, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Chris

    Clive Dullek Guest

    I think, you have just to find out, what kind of hardware was actually at
    any year and take the price of components of today.
    Normaly the price will be the same as the time, the hardware was 'in time'.

    Clive

    Clive Dullek, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Chris

    Ben Myers Guest

    Not quite. Prices for a complete entry-level system (computer with monitor)
    have been declining steadily over the years. Compare Dell's $399 2.2GHz Celeron
    special with a new no-name $99 monitor against the $4200 I paid in 1987 for a
    then mid-range 8MHz 286 with NEC MultiSync monitor. Neither Dell nor any other
    name-brand manufacturer ever has offered a system without monitor in the
    $399-$499 range until a few months ago. I'm speaking $US spent in the US, of
    course. Prices in other countries vary considerably... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Chris

    CJT Guest

    Doesn't your town have a library?

    CJT, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Yes, it's a small one. I was thinking about trying the library and I
    will.....an internet resource would just be more convenient...

    Chris.

    Chris, Feb 4, 2004
  7. Here you can find a list from 1997 - in german DM ...
    http://www.informatik.uni-siegen.de/~pgpeter/preise/

    regards
    Juergen

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Pfautsch?=, Feb 6, 2004