Need input, thinking about buying the 865PE Neo2-FIS2R

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Derrick Rockwell, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I'm going to be building a new PC (this Compaq 5yo POS is getting a
    little sluggish ;) ) and I need some info about this new board. I
    heard a few rumors, and others just need some good old fashinoned
    yes/no answers.

    I heard that when playing 3D games, the board will overclock the CPU
    automatically (does that include an Intel 2.4 Celeron?) and then
    adjust the settings back to normal after it's done. Is this true? I
    also heard that, with some people, after doing this the computer will
    reboot after turning off the game, is that true?

    I am planning on putting into my PC a Samsung 80gb HD, 2x512 PC-333
    ram, Pandex Raderon 9000 128mb vid and everything else pretty much
    standard, just wondering if maybe I will run into any conflicts.

    Also, I heard that this board, since it's new is kinda having a few
    problems, just wondering what everyones opinion that has this board is
    from what their experience is, and how it's going for them now.

    TIA, and sry for all the newbish q's.

    Derrick Rockwell, Jul 21, 2003