    For my ep-8kta+

    Thanks the default settings are not working. I can't find anything on
    epox.com or amd.com for info for setting this correctly.

    Vile, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Have you checked out http://www.epox.nl/manuals/mu-8kta+&211.pdf ?

    Steve Midgley

    Steve Midgley, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Vile

    Vile Guest

    Manual does does help unless I know vcore and ratio which I don't.

    Vile, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Vile

    Vile Guest

    Well I got another mobo and it started up fine. I just noticed that
    the bios were out of date. I tried to updated them but I got an error
    that says I need to insert a system disk. I tried the bios disk and
    boot disk for xp, but no go. I tried to removed battery on mobo,
    nothing. Did I ruin the mobo and should I just forget about it? How
    do I reset the bios now? Where do I get a system disk that it will
    accept?

    Vile, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Vile

    EPoX Tech Guest

    Hi

    1) What BIOS file did you use?
    2) Sounds like the BIOS is corrupt.
    3) Make a boot disk (www.bootdisk.com has a DR-DOS BIOS disk that works
    great for flashing).
    4) Extract the files to the disk and retry the flash.
    5) If the BIOS cannot be flashed a new BIOS can be obtained from
    epoxstore.com

    Technical Support Department
    EPoX International, Inc.

    www.epox.com

    Visit the EPoX store for all those hard to find motherboard accessories...
    BIOS chips, heatsinks, cables, and much more! https://www.epoxstore.com

    EPoX Tech, Aug 11, 2004
  6. Vile

    Vile Guest

    Thanks but a ended up getting a new mobo, from you guys actually.
    Thanks anyway. Just had a bad mobo.

    EPoX Tech, Aug 14, 2004
  8. Vile

    Vile Guest

    I do have a new problem with my computer. When working with pictures
    my computer will restart randomly without warning. When I first
    rebuilt my computer I thought I might needed to update my mobo bios,
    but I fried/destroyed the board doing this and did not attempt to do
    this again to another new mobo. The date on the ones I have now that
    startup says is 2001 and I know there are 2002 bios. Should I try
    again risking another board? What is the best way to update mobo
    bios? Is it the bios in the mobo? Could it be something else? It
    only seems to restart when I am doing something with my picture
    programs. It has not tried to restart yet when I am printing pics
    yet, but it does seem to be getting worse and worse and time goes by.
    I am also wondering if the widows update for win xp is causing this
    since I had no problems after I rebuilt my computer.

    Vile, Aug 16, 2004
  9. Vile

    Graham W Guest

    Immediately after it restarts, what are the temperature readings?

    Graham W, Aug 16, 2004
  10. Vile

    Vile Guest

    I actually thought it might be the motherboard monitor program, so I
    disabled it. But it has never gone over 60 c.

    Vile, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Vile

    Graham W Guest

    IMHO it is one of two problems:

    a) The temps are too high at the instant it crashes. Turn on the
    BIOS temperature reporting facility in the BIOS setup. The report
    will show at the bottom of the screen at restart.

    b) There is/are some faulty memory locations which are not usually
    accessed except when there is a lot of data to be handled like in
    a graphics editor.

    Run MemTest86 for twenty four hours to see if it can find any bad
    memory locations.

    Graham W, Aug 17, 2004
  12. Vile

    Vile Guest

    Problem worse...please help. Restarting even more frequently. Don't
    have time to even post this prob. I think its mobo bios. Event probs
    4 and 5,
    AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address
    (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This
    could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor
    for technical assistance.

    Vile, Aug 17, 2004
  14. Vile

    Vile Guest

    I think I want to disable acpi since I have been poking around and its
    not really nec I think. Anybody know how to do that for wins xp?

    My temp does not really go over 61 c.

    Vile, Aug 18, 2004
  16. Vile

    Vile Guest

    I tried to disable my acpi, system won't run w/o them. I can't seem
    to flash bios with any disks I make up. Not in alt f2 method or
    bootdisk method, actually for the bootdisk method I can't seem to boot
    from the floppy disk. What is the key hit for that? f8 only gets me
    to safe mode, but I can't even get to safemode right now either. At
    least I can web surf for answers for now. Just can't use any picuture
    programs.

    Vile, Aug 18, 2004