    Who can help me please.
    I still can not use this great soundcard unless I have the original
    sound-drivers.

    Doggy, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Doggy

    Shep© Guest

    Have you had another sound card or on board sound chip drivers
    installed?

    I've .rar'd up my 5.1 OEM drivers for you off my CD and put them here,

    http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/win2k_xp.rar

    but there is no setup.exe so once extracted you must go to the device
    manager and choose to re-install the drivers and then point to where
    you have extracted.
    Before you do this remover all sound cards and if there is a an on
    board sound chip disable the AC97/Midi/Gameport in the BIOS.
    Then Control Panel/Add remove Programs and remove any and ALL
    references to ANY sound cards.
    Then clean registry with,"Regseeker" and,"RegscrubXP",
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
    Then shutdown and switch off and insert card,re-boot and when prompted
    point to extract folder.
    If you need,"Winrar",
    http://www.rarlab.com/

    File will be kept on my web space until Monday the 26.06.2005 and then
    deleted.

    Shep©, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Doggy

    ... et al. Guest

    Hi Shep©, i got a SB0220 card without support CD as well. So i hope you
    didn't mind i downloaded a copy of this for possible future WinXP use.
    However i'm currently using the card in a machine running Win98SE and
    wonder if you'd consider temporarily making available also the Win98SE
    drivers?

    For the OP (Doggy) and anyone else.
    You can also try out the kX Project's 'kX WDM Audio Driver'.
    <http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1>
    or/and <http://www.kxproject.com/>
    <quote> The kX Audio Driver is an independent WDM (Windows Driver Model)
    driver for all EMU10K1 and EMU10K2-based soundcards </quote>
    They mention SB0220 as supported, and it does work for me under Win98SE
    although it seems to enumerate as SB022X, (And if i read correctly,
    SB022x is a different card and not the whole SB0220,...,-,SB0229 series
    of cards.)

    ... et al., Jun 26, 2005
  4. Doggy

    Shep© Guest

    Done and here,
    http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar

    Hope they work :)

    Shep©, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Doggy

    ... et al. Guest

    ... et al., Jul 2, 2005
  6. Doggy

    ... et al. Guest

    I saw that you posted in here again so i just thought i'd reply to this
    again and confirm that indeed they do work for me.
    Haven't tried on a 'fresh' install yet but i uninstalled the 'kX WDM
    Audio Driver' i had installed and pointed the 'Add new Hardware' to the
    inf's i got from you and my SB0220 got accepted as a Sound Blaster Live!
    card, drivers got installed and sound worked on reboot.

    So shame on Creative Tech. for not supporting their hardware, pretending
    SB0220 doesn't exist, and my thanks again to you. :)

    ... et al., Jul 17, 2005
  7. Doggy

    Shep© Guest

    I think the problem is that there were some OEM sound blaster cards
    that were made.I know because I have one and therefore they weren't
    actually supposed to be for retail as they were made and sold
    to,"Dell" and other PC makers.If you get stuck again check out the
    Dell site.

    Shep©, Jul 18, 2005
  8. Doggy

    wyzco Guest