    Output selectable to a dedicated card (eg. Matrox RT.X10, NTSC) (not the
    computer monitor)

    Thanks so much, Danny

    Danny, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Danny

    Centurion Guest

    Danny wrote:

    > Suggestions, please, for a PC-based movie player that will run
    > 24/7/forever:
    >
    > Plays MPEG2. Prefer to also handle other formats like VOB, MJPEG, AVI,
    > and possibly WMV, RM, etc.
    >
    > Plays clips seemlessly, back-to-back, frame-to-frame, without pauses
    > (video black or other disturbances), hesitation, or jerkiness
    >
    > Playlist from ASCII text that can be changed while the playlist is
    > underway
    >
    > Output selectable to a dedicated card (eg. Matrox RT.X10, NTSC) (not the
    > computer monitor)
    >

    > Thanks so much, Danny

    Maybe the Win32 version of Mplayer will do what you want. I've used it
    under Linux to do the sort of thing you want. Not sure how good your
    windows shell scripting or VBS skills are, but you might need to roll your
    own logic to wrap up mplayer. I'm not aware of any point-and-drool windows
    apps that do what you want (possibly Winamp...but never tried it).

    Cheers,

    James
    --
    While your friend holds you affectionately by both your hands you are
    safe, for you can watch both of his.

    Centurion, Jul 12, 2004