    PS. I want 300 watts minimum.

    Anyone know where I can get one for this beast??

    Thanks

    marsha, Jan 5, 2006

  2. marsha

    hdrdtd Guest

    hdrdtd, Jan 5, 2006

  3. marsha

    Ben Myers Guest

    I have serious doubts that anyone ever made a proprietary 300w PS for the
    Dimension 8100. The Precision 330 has the same chassis. Possibly its PS has
    higher rating... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 5, 2006
  4. marsha

    marsha Guest

    The Dimension 8100 is the last model that used a proprietary PS. You may
    be right that no one has made an upgrade for it.

    marsha, Jan 5, 2006
  5. marsha

    S.Lewis Guest

    Check the PS label closely. The earlier 8100 systems did indeed have the
    same 300w PS as the Precision, or even the sister system GX400. Best I can
    recall, they initially began with a 300w and then mysteriously contained
    250w PS units near the end of life for the model. ?

    That 24-pin connector is proprietary, but I believe PC power and cooling did
    offer a replacement. Guessing it wasn't cheap, however. Okay, via their
    selector, this is what they offer for the Dimension 8100:
    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S41D1

    Again, verify what you have before you spend the bucks.......

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jan 5, 2006
  6. marsha

    Tom Scales Guest

    Why bother. It is very conservatively rated and equal to any other vendors
    350-400W PS.

    I wouldn't spend the money on a machine that has ZERO value.

    Tom Scales, Jan 5, 2006