    compatible with ATI Rage Mobility, ATI Xpert, ATI 3D Rage.) Don't need high
    end gaming video adapters.

    Mike

    Mike, Nov 12, 2005

  2. Mike

    Jerry Guest

    The 22 Nov issue of "PC Magazine" has an article on Google Earth and they
    say you need 3D graphics with 16Mb of VRAM for best viewing. I'd use those
    spec's as a place to start looking.

    Jerry, Nov 12, 2005

  3. Mike

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    Before you buy any cards. you need to be absolutely clear that it will
    be compatible with your system. To do this I suggest scan your system
    using Crucial's scanner from here:

    http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=Video+Card

    You will also get recommendations there. You don't have to buy from
    them. Just the make & model and search for the best deals online.

    hth

    ANONYMOUS, Nov 12, 2005
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Just used > http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=Video+Card. Cool.
    Then it directed to a list of compatible crucial Radeon video adapters. Are
    they
    OEM ATI Radeon video adapters?

    Mike

    Mike, Nov 12, 2005
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Good point. My four y/o Dell 8200 w/ 512MB RDRAM & 32MB OEM nvida pci video
    adapter w/ latest driver
    does a much better job running Google Maps than the much newer pcs at work.

    Mike

    Mike, Nov 12, 2005
  6. Mike

    Plato Guest