    knew the pinout to get from this Din-8 to a DB9.

    Thanks.

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Fred Mau

    Rick Guest

    Is the port configured like the "MiniDin-8" shown here:
    http://www.mycableshop.com/techarticles/maccables.htm

    If so the pinout is here:
    http://www.antona.com/apnote/midisrl.htm

    Rick

    Rick, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Fred Mau

    percival Guest

    I also need to construct a cable for the HP Photosmart digital camera I
    have. (Model #: C5340A) I haven't tried the cable Rick suggested, but I
    doubt it'll work. The Photosmart is for PC and Windows only, it uses
    RS-232, not RS-244, and therefore can't have RS-244 pinouts on the mini
    DIN 8 side. There's propably no other cable out there that is wired the
    same way as this one for this camera. I found pinouts for two EPSON camera
    cables that has the same connectors as this cable, but despite both being
    Epson their wiring even differs from EACH OTHER!!
    IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE who can give us the pinouts for this cable? HP
    Photosmart, model C5340A.

    Percival

    percival, May 26, 2004
  4. Fred Mau

    percival Guest

    i posted a message but it doesn't appear

    percival, May 26, 2004
  5. Fred Mau

    percival Guest

    neither did that one, what's with this site

    percival, May 26, 2004
  6. There's a few variables in post propogation ranging from the server
    configuration itself to how your ISP accesses it.
    It could take as long as 5 or 10 minutes for a new posting to appear
    on your computer.
    Also, if the group is moderated or you are posting through a web
    access point it could take 24 hours or more for your post to appear.
    Never fear..FWIW, all three of your messages are here, all posted
    within 3 minutes.

    Patience, grasshopper, patience....

    Howd E. Doodat, May 27, 2004