    should be encountering...? What should be a good Max I should use for
    alerting? (Case or CPU)

    thanks!

    pgtr, Apr 26, 2004

  2. pgtr

    Spajky Guest

    since your MoBo probably sensors it from in socket probe (if s370 one)
    & if touches the inside bottom of the cpu; the temps should be max
    around 40°C. If is on slotket (slot1 mobo) or slot1 version &
    measuring under the Cpu`s HS near to slot1 connector should show few
    °C less. Normal ones should be between 30 - 35°C showing if the room
    temp is around 20°C ...
    (if the mobo anyhow trully measures /I doubt/ onDie diode sensor, the
    temperatures would be shown about 10°C higher !!!)

    PS. you do not have to worry about temps; mendocinos work no problem
    even @ 70 or more °C from onDie (almost 60°C of the HS bottom temp!)

    Spajky, Apr 28, 2004

  3. pgtr

    pgtr Guest

    Thanks re the temperature info!

    The ZM6 is a Socket 370 board (Celeron PPGA) - circa '98 or so(?).
    It's a 440ZX chipset and some sort of Winbond chip in it(?). There are
    two temperature sensors: one immediately under the CPU and the other
    somewhere roughly in the middle of the MoBo. I'm running a Celeron 360
    OC'd to 550.

    According to MBM (motherboardmonitor)
    The ABit ZM6 has:
    Sensor Chip: W83782D
    Case Sensor: Winbond 3
    CPU Sensor: Winbond 2

    If that tells you any more let me know. Thanks again for the info.

    pgtr, Apr 29, 2004
  4. pgtr

    Spajky Guest

    you´re welcome .. :)
    the last is Motherboard (case?) temp
    same as mine...
    this depends, how chips inputs are wired on the
    MoBo

    on mine:
    -MoBo Winbond 1
    -CPU (original) 2