Need some help please

Discussion in 'MSI' started by GlaserCrew, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. GlaserCrew

    GlaserCrew Guest

    My mobo is dead (NFII Ultra REV A) and I want a good replacement mobo.

    Been looking at the MSI K7N2-L

    I have -
    AMD Duron 1.8ghz
    Samsung 1gb PC 3200 1024x64 ddr sdram - single stick

    These are the core parts that I want to match with the "next"
    motherboard.

    Otherwise just periphials like
    DVD Burner
    DVD Player
    AGP Video card
    Wireless NIC in PCI slot
    20gb HD
    250 watt PSU

    Am I on a good track or am I way off base?

    GlaserCrew, Jan 11, 2006

  2. GlaserCrew

    DaveL Guest

    Sorry to slight MSI, but if I were you I'd pick up an Epox NF2 board. Most
    of them would do but I really like the 8RDA+ with the Ultra 400 chipset. It
    also has the hardware Nvidia APU Soundstorm. I run two of them and they
    are flawless. I swore off MSI (except their video cards) years ago.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jan 16, 2006