    I have heard about emulators that can make my computer regonize a us
    port as a serial. Having trouble finding anything though. Any hel
    would be much appreciate

    audia4tuner, Nov 24, 2005

  2. audia4tuner

    Notan Guest

    Emulator???

    How about a cable? Have a look at:

    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=103226

    Notan

    Notan, Nov 24, 2005

  3. audia4tuner

    Steve Pearce Guest

    Steve Pearce, Nov 24, 2005
  4. audia4tuner

    lars Guest

    Hi,

    I have a USB connected GPS that works with a navigation
    program that expects data fed through a serial port.

    With my GPS came drivers to do this emulation, the
    files have names like ser2pl.sys.
    I Googled on that name and found this link;
    http://www.floridaprobe.com/usb_install.htm

    It leads to a zip-file that has a ser2pl.sys and may
    to be the type of drivers you need.
    There seem to be different versions of that file though and
    I am not certain what the difference between them are.

    Lars
    Stockholm

    lars, Nov 24, 2005
  5. audia4tuner

    MrB Guest

    Glad to hear it works with your scope. Would your scope happen to be a
    Celestron? I haven't tried it yet on my scope, but I wondered if it would
    work.

    MrB, Nov 27, 2005