    do the same thing? The files end like this.
    ..avi.001
    ..avi.002

    henree21, May 18, 2006

  2. You bet:

    Split&Concat for Mac:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~loekjehe/Split&Concat/

    Drop the .001 file on this program, and it'll reassemble it.

    Or, alternately, you could simply put it together with the command line
    in Terminal, using this command (once you're already in the appropriate
    directory):

    cat filename.avi.* > newfilename.avi

    Garner Miller, May 18, 2006

  3. henree21

    henree21 Guest

    Cool thanks for your reply...

    henree21, May 18, 2006
  4. henree21

    henree21 Guest

    So how do I re-combine the two files so that I can view it in Quicktime?

    henree21, May 18, 2006
  5. henree21

    Philo D Guest

    MacHacha ...
    Drag the .001 file onto it, and it finds the rest of the files to
    combine. Also notices if one is missing.

    Philo D, May 18, 2006
  6. I'm assuming you're still talking to me... You drop the .avi.001 file
    onto Split&Concat, and it will reassemble all the numbered segments
    into a single .avi file.

    If QuickTime has a CODEC that can read it, it will. If not, and you
    can't find one, you might try VLC, which can open darn near any AVI I
    throw at it:

    http://www.videolan.org/

    (You'll still need to reassemble the segments with Split&Concat before
    using VLC, keep in mind.)

    Garner Miller, May 18, 2006