Need to tweak IRQs in BIOS ! Motherb. DG965RYCK S775.

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Petri, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. Petri

    Petri Guest

    Hello.

    First of all, let me say that I don't know a lot about motherboards, BIOS,
    IRQs, PNP and such, just enough to get by.

    I really need need to use a legacy PCI card (that cannot share IRQs) on an
    Intel motherboard that has no IRQ options in the BIOS detup.

    The motherboard is Intel DG965RYCK S775. i965G Chipset 1066M.

    I flashed the latest BIOS version hoping that IRQ setup would be implemented
    in the upgrade.

    The only thing I could do is to disable all USB, Parallel, Serial ports, and
    any built in hardware (sound chip, etc.),
    then install Windows (2000). The Card has drivers ONLY for w2000.

    That didn't work

    Is there ANY way I can do this, through a DOS application, BIOS hack,
    ANYTHING?
    I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

    Petri

    Petri, Feb 11, 2007

  2. I assume you mean the Windows drivers can't handle sharing an interrupt,
    AFAIK the card will just assert a signal to the bus and has no way of
    knowing what the o/s is doing with it.
    Can you define "didn't work" a little more clearly? As in noting if the
    card was still on a shared irq, or the driver still didn't handle it, or ???
    A little more detail like the card type, what the irq assignments look
    like after install, etc, would be useful.
    Take the card out. Install Win2k from scratch. Install the card. Reboot
    and install the driver then. This *may* change the irq assignments.
    Hopefully you will supply details in your next post.

    Bill Davidsen, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Petri

    DaveW Guest

    That old legacy PCI card is NOT supported by modern motherboards anymore.

    DaveW, Feb 16, 2007