    Best Regards,
    Dmitriy Cherkashin.

    www.ucrouter.ru

    dch, Feb 4, 2005

  2. dch

    Jack Klein Guest

    Atmel's AT91RM8200 (ARM 920T) has two USB 1.1 ports, one host and one
    device. And when I was last looking, there were very few 32-bit
    processors with device port. It has external bus but no internal
    flash, although that could be the second chip of a two chip solution.

    I'm not sure of the smallest package size, tough.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Feb 4, 2005

  3. I'm looking for uC that has an external bus interface,
    It is about the same size as a TQFP100 (Actually it is called the
    AT91RM9200).

    A smaller variant would be the AT91FR40162.
    This is a 10 x 10 mm BGA with ARM7TDMI+2 MB Flash + 256 kB SRAM
    running at 60 MIPS from the SRAM.
    Add some USB peripheral outside, and you are in business.
    One nice chip is the AT43USB380 which is both host and function..

    An AT91SAM7S64 could do USB <-> USART at very high speed.
    The USART mode with clock, allows you to get rid of the by 16 prescaler,
    normally
    used for the UART, and the 9th bit would be used for "packet" start.
    Otherwise you an use anything on the market.

    It would help if you told us what you wanted to use the USB for,
    and if you need anything else, like the CAN bus.

    Why do you need an external bus?
    This indicates that the STR710 is not enough.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, Feb 4, 2005
  4. dch

    dch Guest

    AT91RM9200 is in PQFP208 Package or 256BGA package.

    Best Regards,
    Dmitriy Cherkashin

    dch, Feb 4, 2005
  5. dch

    Jedi Guest

    Only mask ROM version of this nice chip?

    rick

    Jedi, Feb 4, 2005
  6. And the BGA is about the same size as the TQFP-100

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, Feb 4, 2005