Need update for Award Modular BIOS V4.51PG 09/23/98-i440BX-W977TF-BX-440B-00

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Santi, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Santi

    Santi Guest

    I urgently need a update for my bios.

    My bios is not regonizing a new 40 GB HD Maxtor ATA/133.

    Who can help me ?

    Bios type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    Bios Id : 09/23/98-i440BX-W977TF-BX-440B-00
    Motherboard ASUS BX-440B VER. 1.1 04 WB

    Many thanks in advance.
    With kind regards

    E-mail:

    Santi, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Santi

    Paul Guest

    Some information on BIOS ID numbers is here:

    http://www.wimsbios.com/numbers.shtml

    It would be much easier to read the Asus motherboard model number
    off of the motherboard. The model number should be printed in larger
    white text on the board. Based on that, you can type the model number
    into this link, and get access to all the files for your board.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx

    The reference in the "Motherboard" string to "ASUS BX-440B"
    is not the motherboard model number. That is referring to the
    chipset used, the Intel 440BX. The 440BX is used on P2B family
    motherboards and P3B-F etc. The model number is the thing that is
    needed for a search in the "download.aspx" webpage.

    Before flashing the BIOS, always check for any special instructions
    on the Asus web page. For example, there are some A7V family boards
    that can be killed by a flash update. Also, if you are overclocking,
    the BIOS flash might be more reliable if the board is returned
    to default conditions. On older boards, I seem to remember there is
    a setting like "byte merge?" or the like that is supposed to be
    disabled before flashing the BIOS.

    When you figure out what kind of board you have, search on
    groups.google.com or post the model number here, to find out
    if there is anything special about your particular motherboard model.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 6, 2004

  3. This is *not* an ASUS board, but made by A-Max. You'll probably want to
    head over to wimsbios.com, patching the BIOS should not be much of a
    problem assuming it's available for download somewhere (you could also
    save it via a BIOS flasher).

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Jan 6, 2004