    would appreciate all your help, input and recommendation.
    NB: I cannot get the windows XP TPE 2005 here (Korea) in english hence the
    above version. Thank you all.

    kofi, Dec 13, 2004

  2. kofi

    Chris H. Guest

    Congratulations! That's a fine machine.

    I'd suggest immediately updating to XP SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005,
    and then doing the installation of your programs after you've made sure
    you've got a stable system. There are some programs, which if pre-existing,
    will find problems (correctable) as listed in this Knowledge Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886264

    I believe the information in this article, "What to Know Before You Download
    and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2" is very helpful:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx I would also
    check the Fujitsu web site for current drivers to install in conjunction
    with XP SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005. Most companies have updated
    their drivers.

    Chris H., Dec 13, 2004

  3. kofi

    kofi Guest

    Thanks Chris for the information. Am also seeking to know if anyone has done
    an upgrade to the 2005 and what the outcome has been so far in terms of some
    of the questions I raised earlier?

    kofi, Dec 13, 2004
  4. kofi

    Chris H. Guest

    I certainly have. :cool: Preparation is the way to ensure proper
    installation. I did a thorough check of my system with (1) my anti-virus
    program running the latest definitions, (2) used a couple programs to ferret
    out any Trojans or spyware, (3) made sure I had the latest drivers from
    Toshiba available, and then (4) made sure no programs were launched
    (especially AV) or pre-loaded (like OneNote) before beginning the install.

    If you want information on Trojans, spyware, malware, etc., you might check
    out www.aumha.org/secure.htm beforehand. There are some fine, free programs
    which can help clear out your system.

    Chris H., Dec 13, 2004
  5. kofi

    kofi Guest

    This is certainly very assuring. Thank you for the details Chris.

    kofi, Dec 13, 2004
  6. kofi

    Chris H. Guest

    You're welcome. It really is fairly simple, with the right preparation.

    Chris H., Dec 13, 2004