    Catalyst COntrol centre, the same message appears.

    Is this affecting anything and if so how can I get rid of it?

    Thanks for any help.

    Johnny8977, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Johnny8977

    Inglo Guest

    The new Catalyst control center requires you have .NET installed.
    http://ati.com/products/catalystcontrolcenter/
    There's a link to download .NET on that page.

    Contrary to many popular assumptions, .NET is not completely evil and
    will not require you to sacrifice a puppy before you install it.
    It's just an API/developer module thingie like Java.

    --
    History shows again and again
    How nature points up the folly of men

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Inglo, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Johnny8977

    J. Clarke Guest

    Did you install the .net framework?

    J. Clarke, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Johnny8977

    Johnny8977 Guest

    I didn't have .NET installed. You solved my prob first go - cheers.

    Johnny8977, Sep 7, 2004
  5. Johnny8977

    Paul Hopwood Guest

    Recent versions of the drivers, or more specifically the ATI Control
    Center, require Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher.

    You can disable the control center and the ATI drivers will function
    perfectly well without it, albeit without access to some of the config
    menus, or install .NET framework to get rid of the error. I'd
    recommend the later as it's becoming increasing popular and it's
    almost inevitable you'll encounter other software that needs it.

    Service Pack 1 of the .NET framework was released a few days ago; you
    can get it either by downloading direct from Microsoft.com or via
    Windows Update.

    Paul Hopwood, Sep 7, 2004