    I heard someone just say that Radeon 98xx cards aren't *fully* DX9 hardware
    compliant? and that the next batch of card will be?

    What's that all about?

    Wayne Youngman, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Wayne Youngman

    John Hall Guest

    Actually, that would be Nvidia's cards. ATI's cards are fully DX9
    compliant.

    JK

    John Hall, Feb 1, 2004

  3. So, two-part harmony then!

    Ron

    Rockin Ronnie, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Wayne Youngman

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Yes and No, some features are not inbuild..but... 98% of the DX9
    features are inbuild, ya see, DX9 is still evolving..changing..now
    shaders are thought of... new methods, some find their into DX NEXT,
    some in DX9 (b)

    Dark Avenger, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Wayne Youngman

    Pluvious Guest

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 03:09:29 +0000 (UTC), "Wayne Youngman"

    ||Hi,
    ||I heard someone just say that Radeon 98xx cards aren't *fully* DX9 hardware
    ||compliant? and that the next batch of card will be?
    ||What's that all about?

    You should probably ask this question in the Nvidia newsgroup. I'm
    sure "they" will have many "facts" about this rumor. ;-)

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Feb 1, 2004
  6. Don't buy an ATI 9600XT based video controller unless it is a genuine retail
    ATI 9600XT, as most other "builders" that are using the ATI 9600XT chipset
    have not fully followed the ATI reference design, used old PCB's that were
    "in stock"
    to rush product out for Christmas holiday, and have not enabled the ATI
    "OVERDRIVE"
    feature.

    I too was "duped'" by C.P.Technology Co., Ltd. aka/dba in United States as
    Power Color USA Corp. in purchasing a R96A-C3T in a new system I had built
    by Future Technologies International, Inc. (FTI), Great Neck, NY about two
    weeks ago, who is an "authorized" distributor/reseller" Power Color
    products.

    The cost to me between the Power Color R96A-C3T and a genuine retail ATI
    9600XT was less than five dollars, but I went ahead with the Power Color
    Product since it seemed to have a better bundle. I was not aware that there
    were any differences in the cards, as Future Technologies International,
    Inc. (FTI) web site (as do most other resellers) still to this day state the
    fact that the Power Color R96A-C3T has "OVERDRIVE", as does C.P.Technology
    Co., Ltd. Main web site, only in the last week has the Power Color USA Corp.
    web site quietly removed the statement about the Power Color R96A-C3T having
    'OVERDRIVE" ability.

    Timothy T. Doran, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Wayne Youngman

    Darthy Guest

    Dude... youre a moron asshole... stop taking over people's posts with
    your shit.

    We got the point... but then again, you could be full of shit.

    Darthy, Feb 9, 2004