Netfinity 5500 startup problems.

Discussion in 'IBM' started by SGBotsford@gmail.com, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I was given a pair of Netfinity 5500 servers.

    Recently I moved one, and now it doesn't start.

    For a couple minutes on first startup, one power supply (the one that
    still works) would blink it's AC light, then click off with a sound
    like a relay closing.

    Both power supplies on the back show no lights.

    If I swap the power cords for the working one: no change.
    If I swap the unlit power supplies for the lit ones in the working
    server: One doesn't work.

    So I have 3 working supplies, 1 dead one. But none of the working
    supplies light up in the dead box.

    My suspicion is that either I have blown a fuse internal to the box, or
    I have a direct short on the power bus.

    1. Does anyone have a hardware maintenance manual (PDF) for a
    Netfinity 5500 (8660-61U)

    2. Anyone run into this one.

    , Nov 24, 2006