  1. qazmlp1209

    qazmlp1209 Guest

    The Datasheet for the Netra T2000 server says the following:

    qazmlp1209, Dec 2, 2006

  2. qazmlp1209

    Rich Teer Guest

    No idea about the former, but as for the latter: I suspect its purely
    for marketing reasons.

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OpenSolaris CAB member

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Dec 2, 2006

  3. qazmlp1209

    Trinean Guest

    The Datasheet for the Netra T2000 server says the following:
    For the Netra T2000, as far as I can tell the 1.0 GHz model comes in 4 or 6.
    However, the 1.2 GHz model comes only in the 8 core flavor.

    Trinean

    Trinean, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Hi,

    Probably the yield of the chips.

    Usually when you produce chips you make a market research in order to
    know what the volume of a certain high speedgrade is, then you start
    testing that amount of chips until you filled that quota, then you do
    the same thing for the next lower speedgrade and so on.

    This means that if you purchase a slower version there is a possibility
    that you could "over clock" the chip up to the fastest(or even higher
    perpaps)since that chip you selected was only tested to the lower speed.

    This also sometimes applies to amount of cache/cores, the one with lower
    cache/cores size/numbers actually has the same amount of cache/cores but
    part of it is broken, thus disabled.

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Dec 3, 2006