    machine. If so any idea on how to do this would be great.

    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob, Oct 27, 2008

  2. Bob

    Ben Myers Guest

    Bob,

    I am very unfamiliar with the beast, but another possibility might be to
    find an external SCSI CD-ROM drive and SCSI cable. The 712/60 has a
    50-pin miniSCSI port on the back.

    At this time in the evolution of SCSI, if you can find an external SCSI
    CD-ROM drive and cable, the price would be chickenfeed... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 27, 2008

  3. I'd say it's more practical to use a CD-ROM drive
    rather than trying to mess with a second computer.
    I always installed my 712's with external Toshiba drives,
    but Plextor's should work as well. They are usually cheap
    on eBay. And if you have more retro hardware, you will need
    one anyway.

    Michael Kraemer, Oct 27, 2008
  4. Bob schreef:
    Bob,

    I only found a reference to an how, using Linux as boot server. Not an
    installation server.

    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/PA-RISC-Linux-Boot-HOWTO/#bootnetwork

    I have a Yamaha CD-ROM drive with SCSI-1, and SCSI-2 connector. Might
    the HOWTO not work or not be what you want, the CD-ROM drive is for sale.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra, Oct 27, 2008