    5wak Guest

    Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a
    ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx

    5wak, May 7, 2007

  2. 5wak

    Jon Guest

    Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on
    one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And
    you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs.

    Jon, May 7, 2007

  3. 5wak

    Jon Guest

    Correction: tcp/ipp of course needs to be enabled on the ethernet port
    on _both_ machines. File sharing, however, is only necessary on one
    (preferably the Mac OS X machine).

    Jon, May 7, 2007
  4. 5wak

    isw Guest

    IME, you may not be able to mount the OS 9 Mac's disk onto the OS X Mac
    (some work, some don't; no idea why). The other way around should work
    fine, but you may have to do it by entering the IP of the OS X Mac into
    the other's Chooser. Then you can access the OS X Mac's "Public" folder,
    even without a password.

    Isaac

    isw, May 7, 2007