never another hp printer

Discussion in 'HP' started by gmeden, May 15, 2008.

1. gmeden

gmeden

Last 2 printers were hp.. both pewked :
    psc2510: just sits with power applied displays HP and an hourglass on the display, if I recycle the power, display stays the same .. puter says its on network, can ping it, but no functionality at all. Also When power cycled it goes thru motions., ie ., carriage homes and sits there clunking for 3-4 min. before it just goes inert, still with same display. Now this printer has done this before, so, thinking it was kaput , i went and bought a C-6100 (now I can pay twice as much for ink) as a replacement. Few months pass, C-6100 starts acting flakey,
    so I grab the old psc-2510 (been sitting on the floor for a few weeks) and think what the heck, hooked it back up, loaded all the drivers and it worked like a charm....for awhile. After a few more weeks it started its same old mischevious
    antics. What is up with these hp printers. Can't anyone make a plain simple printer that works consistently?

gmeden, May 15, 2008
Ask a Question