    - forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=game-gen

    Dell is saying little, and it is not clear at all how prevalent this
    problem is.

    scooby, Aug 7, 2004

  2. scooby

    WSZsr Guest

    I have an 8400 with the following specs:

    P4 3.0
    1 GB DDR2 533 RAM
    80GB and 160GB SATA drives
    120GB USB 2.0 drive
    PCI Express X800 SE video
    Integrated audio
    DirectX 9.0c
    ATI 4.9 beta drivers optimized for Doom 3
    Latest IIntel chipset driver.
    Clean install of XP Pro (SP2 RC2 slipstreamed)

    I can play Doom 3 for hours without crashing.

    WSZsr, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Does that mean your system *does* crash, but not for hours, or you're not
    aware of any problem?

    The Social Outcast, Aug 7, 2004
  4. scooby

    WSZsr Guest

    Never a crash with the configuration I listed.

    WSZsr, Aug 7, 2004