    Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, how did you resolve?

    thanks,
    John

    John Cole, Dec 19, 2006

  2. John Cole

    John Cole Guest

    John Cole wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just bought a brand new AB9 Pro today for a new system that I am
    > building and cannot get the board's BIOS up. The boot process starts
    > then hangs on code 2A (which doesn't exist in the manual), and I never
    > get to the BIOS screen.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, how did you resolve?
    >
    > thanks,
    > John

    Here are the full specs:

    specs:

    abit ab9 pro
    e6400@2.13ghz
    1gb x 2 patriot ddr2
    maxtor 160gb sata
    maxtor 300gb sata2 x 2
    tdk dvdr
    samsung 904b lcd
    thermaltake matrix case
    3d Fuzion NVIDIA 7300GS PCIe256

    John Cole, Dec 19, 2006

  3. Okay, tell us what diagnostic steps you've taken so far John. Have you
    connected the ATX12v and full 24 pin motherboard power connector?

    Incidentally, what power supply are you using? The Matrix case doesn't
    appear to be supplied with one so which is it?

    Have you built it up in a minimal configuration (one stick of RAM, no
    drives) outside the case? If you have, did it get any further into the POST
    process?

    Give us a bit more to work with and we'll be better placed to help :)
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Dec 19, 2006