New addition: PackMate 7715EX

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Robert E. Watts, Oct 2, 2009.

  1. Hi Gang !

    Picked up a new addition to the Packard Bell herd, a PackMate 7715EX. (I
    don't think I'll ever get a handle on Packard Bell's naming system. )
    Brings the collection to 25, and completes the "name lineup". Only model
    missing now is the "all in one", which Bill has a monopoly on. :)

    Found it at a local thrift shop for $8. :)

    Super clean condition, and it is basically in fantastic, clean condition.
    Only two mods since it was built, a 52X CD-ROM drive, and a PCI NIC card
    added. Has Win98SE installed, and runs great. Even connects to the internet
    via the NIC at very fast speeds.

    It has :

    P55C 200MHz MMX CPU
    16 meg ram
    2.1 G HDD
    Packard Bell combo sound/modem thing

    and 2 USB slots. Biggest surprise is 256K of L2 cache.

    I had previously thought only the Platinum line of PB computers had L2
    cache, now I have found L2 in a PackMate. So does this mean that PackMate
    versions are the "top of the line", or second to the Platinum ? Dunno.

    Does anyone know if there are any other models besides:

    Platinum
    PlatinumPro
    Legend
    Legend Supreme
    Force
    Multimedia
    PB
    Synera
    PackMate

    Anyone got any old Packard Bell sales brochures ? Be interesting to see
    that.

    Still searching for that Packard Bell Pentium 60MHz tower, and offering a
    cash reward of up to $100.

    bobwatts

    --
    bobwatts

    Watts Carburetion Service
    WhizzBang Computers
    " collector of Asian transfat plastic trinkets ! "
    EartH // KlaXXoN

    Robert E. Watts, Oct 2, 2009