    MOBOs and happily read the existing RAID-0 sets! Almost a transparent
    motherboard swap. Also very pleased with the quantity and quality of info on
    ABIT's support site compared to Gigabyte.

    Jose, May 1, 2005

  2. Jose

    TomG Guest

    welcome to the club!

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, May 1, 2005

  3. Jose

    RJGraham Guest

    Yes, I had a similar experience upgrading from a GigaByte 8IK1100 to an
    IC7-G.

    I backed up my RAID0 set and moved to the IC7-G expecting to at least have
    to repair my XP PRO install.
    I was prepared to restore from backups if necessary but was amazed that
    after configuring the bios to boot from RAID0, windows came up !!!

    I suppose having the same chipset on both boards helped..

    -Randy

    RJGraham, May 1, 2005
  4. Jose

    Jose Guest

    Thanks Tom.

    Giga-byte 875P boards are dying because of static problems with front panel
    USB devices frying the South bridge chip. Easy enough to ground the USB
    plug to the case before plugging it in, but saw their advisory after the
    fact.

    Do you know - are there any similar problems with ABIT boards (i.e. is it a
    Giga-byte design issue or an inherent 875P problem)?

    TIA

    Jose, May 2, 2005
  5. Jose

    brent Guest

    That is exactly what happened to me recently.

    Last year I built myself an IC7-G system with a RAID 1 setup. A few
    weeks ago, when I plugged my USB flash drive into the front USB port
    (rigged to the FP-USB1 header), a static discharge killed the Intel
    controller--determined after the able help of Richard H and TomG in this
    newsgroup. Abit RMA'd it and just this weekend I successfully swapped in
    the replacement IC7-G.

    Anyway, from here on out, I will be avoiding the front USB port since
    the grounding thru this connection seems inadequate. Instead, I'll use a
    USB extension cable from one of the rear built-in USB ports.

    Brent

    brent, May 3, 2005
  6. Jose

    TomG Guest

    never seen anyone post with that issue but that is all I can comment on...

    TomG, May 3, 2005
  7. Jose

    TomG Guest

    I guess I'll eat those words in my post since I had completely forgotten
    about the problem encountered by Brent! his is the only time I have seen
    the issue...

    TomG, May 3, 2005
  8. Jose

    JefN Guest

    |I guess I'll eat those words in my post since I had completely forgotten
    | about the problem encountered by Brent! his is the only time I have seen
    | the issue...

    Speaking of eating (and swirling you off topic):
    http://www.skittles.com/advertising/play.jsp?sID=sheepboys_30&e=1

    I think Homie makes an appearance at the end!

    Jef

    JefN, May 3, 2005
  9. Jose

    TomG Guest

    LOL!

    TomG, May 4, 2005
  10. Jose

    JefN Guest

    | LOL!

    So was it Homie -or- not?

    It's been so long that the shagging is starting to rub off this group.
    (I know, I know .. say it isn't so!?!?!?)

    Jef

    JefN, May 5, 2005
  11. Jose

    TomG Guest

    the farmer near the end or who?

    TomG, May 5, 2005
  12. Jose

    JefN Guest

    | the farmer near the end or who?

    Yeah. He had the right amount of "angry" ...

    Jef

    JefN, May 5, 2005
  13. Jose

    TomG Guest