New Bios 1014 -- now out for P4P800 Deluxe (and non-deluxe)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Eric, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    1.. Do not use old version Afudos.exe to flash BIOS.Must use new
    Afudos.exe which is included in zip file to flash BIOS.
    2.. Using ASUSLiveUpdate to flash BIOS,you need to upgrade ASUSLiveupdate
    to v 5.22.02 or later before flash BIOS.
    3.. Please do not use Ezflash for updating this BIOS.
    4.. Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
    5.. Fix extended F8 boot menu cannot list all devices if more than one
    removable device are installed.
    6.. Mute beep sound for USB device plug-in/plug-out.
    7.. Revise extended memory size.
    8.. Revise Ultra DMA Mode max limit.
    9.. Revise dual/single channel in the post screen when set Standard/Turbo
    in the performance mode.
    10.. Modify the setting of VIA VT6410 and cange boot ROM to rev. 2.11.
    Haven't tried it myself, but though some might be interested:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800

    Eric, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Eric

    Scott Guest

    Flashed mine this morning - used it all day with no problems.

    I downloaded the 1014 BIOS file, then proceeded to use LiveUpdate 5.22.02
    to manually flash it. Works like a charm.

    Scott

    --
    E-mail address munged - remove 'clothes' to reply.

    Antec Sonata
    P4P800 Deluxe Rev. 1.02
    Intel 2.8C Hyperthread Enabled
    Asus Radeon 9600XT AGP
    4x256MB KVR 333MHz o/ced to 400MHz
    1x36GB WD360GD SATA
    2x120MB WD1200JB PATA
    TDK 440N DVD-R/W
    Windows XP Pro SP-1

    Scott, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Eric

    Darkfalz Guest

    Damn, there goes my record uptime ;-)

    --
    "Of course, I always look at guys who have girlfriends. I compare myself to
    them, as hard as that is, and it's never good news. Then I think, gosh,

    Darkfalz, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Eric

    Tim Guest

    Hi there,

    How can it be new 1014 has been out since the 25.11.03?

    Tim.

    Tim, Jan 2, 2004
  5. That's for the P4C800. 1014 for the P4P800 was issued on Dec 31.

    Tony.
    --
    3GHz P4 (HT enabled)
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

    To email me, replace org.nz with net.nz

    The Black Wibble, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Eric

    Tim Guest

    Hi there,

    Sorry my mistake.

    Tim.

    Tim, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Eric

    Pluvious Guest

[...]
    ==>
    ==>http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800
    ==>

    Sounds complicated as hell and I think I'll stick with my 1011 bios.
    :(

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Actually it is easier than they make it sound.

    Get a blank floppy, put in your windows xp computer. Choose "format" and
    check the box for "bootable floppy".

    Once that is done, download the 1014 bios and extract it and the afudos.exe
    program (contained in the same zip you downloaded) to the same floppy.

    Boot your computer using the floppy (you have to go into the bios and set it
    to boot to floppy).

    When your computer boots to the floppy you will get an A:\ prompt

    Type this: A:\afudos.exe /i"file name of bios" (without the quotes).

    Or, an even easier way, load the live update software from the ASUS CD that
    came with the motherboard. Have it update to the latester version
    (5.22.02 -- it does this itself). Then use the live update tool to update
    your bios.

    Not very hard either way.

    Eric, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Eric

    Todd Clayton Guest

    I had to do it this way myself. I don't have a floppy drive in my
    system, but it still makes me nervous using asus update.

    Worked though.

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    | Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |

    Todd Clayton, Jan 2, 2004
  10. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Rather than directly using the internet, you can first download the bios
    update to your computer and then point the Asus update tool to the file on
    your computer (rather than the file on an internet server). That should be
    safer than using the Internet entirely to update.

    Eric, Jan 2, 2004
  11. Eric

    harry Guest

    it's actually very easy
    1. download new ziped bios maually and unzip
    2. run asus liveupater in windows and select update bios from downloadfile
    3. select the file u just downloaded and unzipped
    4. finish & reboot

    = way simplier than making a boot disk on a floppy etc

    harry, Jan 3, 2004
  12. Eric

    Todd Clayton Guest

    Yeah, this is what I did. I prefer the built in update tool.

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+

    Todd Clayton, Jan 3, 2004
  13. Eric

    A Little Bit Guest

    You could also burn the image and update software to a bootable CDR or CDRW for
    systems without floppy disks.

    A Little Bit, Jan 3, 2004
  14. Eric

    Todd Clayton Guest

    Actually, I tried that too, but the boot CD that Nero created crapped
    out. I don't think the EMM Manager thats included likes my system.

    --
    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+

    Todd Clayton, Jan 3, 2004
  15. Eric

    Pluvious Guest

    ||it's actually very easy
    ||1. download new ziped bios maually and unzip
    ||2. run asus liveupater in windows and select update bios from downloadfile
    ||3. select the file u just downloaded and unzipped
    ||4. finish & reboot
    ||= way simplier than making a boot disk on a floppy etc

    Thanks, it does sound simple and I'll give a go.

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Jan 3, 2004
  16. Eric

    Paul Guest

    I flashed to 1014 too on the P4P800 non deluxe

    Seemed to go OK for a while. BUT the day
    after I flashed it, It did a few strange things.

    1. It seemed to take a bit longer for it to
    pick up USB devices (I have a USB 2
    7-1 internal card reader, which is classed
    as a Mass-storage device,a USB digitalcam/webcam
    and a HP USB 2 Printer (Photosmart 145). Which
    is a removable drive, in XP.

    It supports 6-7 different kinds of memory cards.

    2. And it kept hanging on bootup, and in the
    end, on 1 occassion, it said I had overclocked!
    (which I haven't), and detected the ram @ 266 dual channel (instead of 400,
    (I have 2 512 mb DDR simms).

    BUT at the mo, it's going OK. Anyone had/come
    across these probs yet? Since updating to the
    1014 bios?

    Paul, Jan 3, 2004
  17. Eric

    Pluvious Guest

    ||I flashed to 1014 too on the P4P800 non deluxe
    ||Seemed to go OK for a while. BUT the day
    ||after I flashed it, It did a few strange things.
    ||1. It seemed to take a bit longer for it to
    ||pick up USB devices (I have a USB 2
    ||7-1 internal card reader, which is classed
    ||as a Mass-storage device,a USB digitalcam/webcam
    ||and a HP USB 2 Printer (Photosmart 145). Which
    ||is a removable drive, in XP.
    ||It supports 6-7 different kinds of memory cards.
    ||2. And it kept hanging on bootup, and in the
    ||end, on 1 occassion, it said I had overclocked!
    ||(which I haven't), and detected the ram @ 266 dual channel (instead of 400,
    ||(I have 2 512 mb DDR simms).
    ||BUT at the mo, it's going OK. Anyone had/come
    ||across these probs yet? Since updating to the
    ||1014 bios?

    Yikes .. think I'll stick with my working 1011 instead. What does 1014
    add that I don't have now?.. I don't mind the tiny little beeps at the
    start.. (2 for my USB keyboard and mouse).

    2.6c Intel 800fsb boxed retail
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe bios 1011
    2 Corsair XMS 3200 DDR w/ heat speaders
    Antec 1080 case w/ 430 true power ps
    win xp
    9700 pro o/c 378/330.75

    ||downloadfile
    ||> ||

    ||> Thanks, it does sound simple and I'll give a go.
    ||>
    ||> Pluvious

    ||> ||||> |

    ||> ||

    Pluvious, Jan 4, 2004
  18. Eric

    Paul Guest

    What 1014 does is posted in the 1st
    post in this post.

    Paul, Jan 4, 2004
  19. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Do you have turbo or standard set in performance mode? The hanging on
    bootup could be caused by that.

    Eric, Jan 4, 2004
  20. Eric

    Paul Guest

    Nope on Normal/Standard. It was all fine
    never had the probs below till I updated
    to 1014. So, nothing to do with performance mode
    in the BIOS. Booted up today, OK w/o
    hanging or thinking bout booting lol

    Paul, Jan 4, 2004