    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, May 31, 2004

  2. TomG

    Kevin Bean Guest

    Tom, do you know how the temperature is 'calibrated' ?

    Kevin Bean, May 31, 2004

  3. TomG

    TomG Guest

    not really... I just know there has always been a certain noise level about
    the IS7 and IC7 series boards and a (real or perceived) inaccuracy in how
    the CPU temperature reads. I was only quoting from the update.txt file on
    the Abit web site regarding the "calibration" and there was no additional
    information other than that.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    TomG, Jun 1, 2004
  4. I've been running this BIOS for a few days. There doesn't seem to have been
    any difference in the idle/load temps between the older builds and 24, so
    what the "calibration" means I don't really know. Could be related more to
    the Prescotts I suppose, but there's no way I'm stripping my machine down
    and swapping the processors just to find out.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Jun 1, 2004
  5. TomG

    Dion L Heap Guest

    Awww go on Richard, you know you want to! We both know it'll be niggling
    you if you don't try it and find out! ;o)

    regards,

    Dion L Heap
    www.thetophouse.com

    Dion L Heap, Jun 1, 2004
  6. TomG

    Diskhead Guest

    What's with Flashmenu? I used it to update the bios and it flashed to
    2.3 instead of 2.4. I was at 2.2.

    Diskhead, Jun 1, 2004
  7. TomG

    TomG Guest

    for some reason, Abit has yet to update the Flashmenu bios sets on their
    servers. you can still use flashmenu by extracting the file and then doing
    a local file update instead of an online update.

    TomG, Jun 1, 2004
  8. TomG

    Diskhead Guest

    Yea, that is what I did do in the end. Running 2.4 now and my cpu
    temps are exactly the same as before.

    Diskhead, Jun 2, 2004
  9. TomG

    Kurt Guest

    In the ABIT forums, a couple ppl with Prescotts reported ~5 C lower temps from
    their processors, while the Northwoods remained unchanged.

    Kurt, Jun 6, 2004
  10. Lol, there we go Dion, told you I wasn't going to strip my system down just
    to answer that one. :-D

    Still, if the Prescott temperatures have dropped from Nuclear to
    Supercritical, it's hardly like it's a cool running CPU, is it? ;-)

    Richard Hopkins, Jun 7, 2004
  11. TomG

    Dion L Heap Guest

    Heheheh, well it was worth a try for a bite Richard ;o)

    regards,

    Dion L Heap
    www.thetophouse.com

    Dion L Heap, Jun 7, 2004