new Bios p4c800e-dx new

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Niclaas Grehling, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    there is a bios 1018-001 from Sep 17 2004 - 05:58 - improvement in
    memory read and write bandwidth here (Northw. 3Gig, 2x512 MB Ram fast
    corsair).

    Niclaas

    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800E-DX/1018-001.zip

    Niclaas Grehling, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Niclaas Grehling

    schnoopy Guest

    schnoopy, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Niclaas Grehling

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    HUH, it's been there for awhile and everyone is using it.

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Niclaas Grehling

    Paul M Guest

    Works fine here.

    Paul M, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Niclaas Grehling

    poochie Guest

    A while? 11 days? Everybody got it in 11 days? Why is it named differently
    and not posted on the website for that motherboard?

    poochie, Sep 28, 2004
  6. Niclaas Grehling

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    That is likely a very recent beta and does not show in the dir listing here:
    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800E-DX

    Your download link does however work.

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 28, 2004
  7. Niclaas Grehling

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 28, 2004
  8. Niclaas Grehling

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    BEWARE changing thread title.

    Ron Reaugh, Sep 28, 2004
  9. "Niclaas Grehling" wrote

    Hi,

    I don't see this listed on the normal BIOS pages?

    Wayne Youngman, Sep 28, 2004
  10. Hi,

    the ftp.asus.com.tw was for years the *normal betaside. This beta
    follows the naming convention for betas. I work with them for years
    without trouble (for real there often was a change from beta to
    "productive" without any changes to those files).
    I suffered from a low memory read performance not meeting the specs, so
    I gave it a try. Fortunately I achieved some improvement for my single
    system and because it`s hard to find information about those betabios, I
    mentioned my personal experience with it.
    I suppose you can`t do to much harme with a beta bios to these new
    boards as the p4cx. Mine is running rockstable (as before), so it
    depends on your needs if you want to change (never touch a running system).

    Niclaas

    Niclaas Grehling, Sep 28, 2004
  11. Niclaas Grehling, Sep 28, 2004
  12. Niclaas Grehling

    W Shumaker Guest

    Which particular Corsair memory do you have? I'm using the 2-2-2-5 low
    latency memory in two p4c800e-dx boards. One board exhibited memory
    errors with one set of these sticks, but works fine with another set.
    (memtest86+)

    Wayne

    W Shumaker, Sep 28, 2004
  13. It`s corsair 512cmx-3200xl 2-2-2-5, no problems here. Using it in p4c-e
    and p4p-e.

    Niclaas

    Niclaas Grehling, Sep 28, 2004
  14. Niclaas Grehling

    Paul M Guest

    There's a .004 on the German site. But, they both seem to cause the Asus to
    enter S3 mode on standby.

    Paul M, Sep 28, 2004
  15. Niclaas Grehling

    Paul M Guest

    I should say, they cause the Asus not to enter S3 standby mode.

    Paul M, Sep 29, 2004