    watt PS, so it's not a lack of power.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Rich Besitka

    RB, Feb 21, 2004

  2. RB

    Will Dormann Guest

    Make sure the CPU heatsink/fan is properly installed.
    It should only take about 5 seconds from power-up until the point where
    you can enter the BIOS, so I'm not sure why you can't do it.

    -WD

    Will Dormann, Feb 21, 2004

  3. RB

    Eric Wolfe Guest

    Any details about what type of board, CPU, etc? How is the CPU fan mounted?

    A short would be almost immediate so we can rule that out. A poorly mounted
    heatsink (lip mounted backwards) might cause these symptoms.

    What's the last line of text displayed on the screen during boot-up?

    Eric

    Eric Wolfe, Feb 22, 2004
  4. RB

    Dimitris Guest

    If itsnt heatsink/fan problem, then it might be a problem with the
    board recognizing the processor. If you have Athlon Xp system, some
    motherboards recognize Athlons with 266FSB as Athlons with 333FSB
    which cause processor to heat and lockup.

    Dimitris, Feb 22, 2004
  5. RB

    Tim Guest

    Do you get 1 beep at the start of post?