    possibly in Outlook Express, but I can't find which it is.
    A solution will be appreciated.

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Jan 8, 2004

  2. microsoft's answer to protect outlook express users from email attachments
    that may contain virus/trojans/worms/etc is to, by default, disable
    attachment viewing/saving. to enable attachment viewing/saving do this:
    from the outlook express menu, choose tools-options-security(tab) and
    uncheck the box next to 'do not allow attachments to be saved or opened...'

    Christopher Muto, Jan 8, 2004

  3. My first impression would be that the items showing the red x thing
    are live links to a website to pull down a graphic to show you. For
    some reason, when you open the email, that link was unable to contact
    its host, so the intended graphic is shown with the red x to indicate
    the failure. If I'm right, the only solution would be to open the
    email later to see if the link works then.

    The Usenet Truth in Posting Act of 1997 requires that I point out that
    I have all HTML options in my email client turned off. IME, nothing
    good has ever come from an email that includes HTML. If friends want
    to sent me pictures, they know to do it in an attachment to an email.

    Ogden Johnson III, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Jack Mac

    Jack Mac Guest

    That box IS unchecked! That's one of the things that has me stumped.
    Most email I receive containing photos show them with no problem
    while others do not.... only the rectangles.
    Might be time to compare the source code of those that do vs.
    those that don't! Thanks and a reasonable assumption.

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Jack Mac

    Hassan.C Guest

    First of all why are you all talking about the lame DELL Dimension
    XPS? Talk about something like the new Compaq Presario 6410nx! I just
    bought a DELL Dimension XPS and I got ripped off so I returned it. And
    now I have this brand new Presario 6410nx Here are the specifications:

    AMD Athlon FX-51 processor
    1600 MHz FSB
    1.2 GB DDR SDRAM
    VIA Dolby Ac'97 Surround
    ATI All In Wonder Pro 9800
    250GB ultra DMA Hard Drive 7500RPM
    Windows XP Home
    17 inch flat screen CRT monitor
    with Coloreal support for resolutions up to
    2600x2200 max resolution plus HDTV
    JBL platinum Speakers that support Quinn Echoes

    Hassan.C, Jan 10, 2004
  7. Jack Mac

    Chuck Lapre Guest

    And you know so much about computers that you double post!

    Chuck Lapre, Jan 10, 2004
  8. Go away, kid. Your mother's calling you.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Jan 10, 2004
  9. Jack Mac

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Call Tech Support on an issue and report back............ I wouldn't touch a
    Compaq computer for any amount of money............

    Hank Arnold, Jan 10, 2004