    The graph window opens and includes a line "this partition crosses the 1024
    cylinder boundary and may not be bootable".

    Is there a way around this problem - short of reformatting?

    marcy, Jul 9, 2007

  2. marcy

    RnR Guest

    I'm not sure I remember what I did when I had this message but I think
    I just ignored it and all went well. However I've had other problems
    since with PM so I switched to Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 and so
    far never had to look back. I assume some problems I've had with PM
    is because it's not as up to date as DD.

    RnR, Jul 9, 2007

  3. marcy

    Brian K Guest

    Yes, ignore this message.

    Brian K, Jul 9, 2007
  4. marcy

    Tom Scales Guest

    I've gotten that message from PM for years. I ignore it and everything
    works fine. Don't take that as gospel, but it works for me.

    Tom Scales, Jul 9, 2007
  5. marcy

    Tony Harding Guest

    Keep in mind this is a warning and says only that the partition "may"
    not be bootable. I've probably defined > 100 partitions and they all booted.
    Reformatting won't change this, BTW.

    Tony Harding, Jul 9, 2007
  6. marcy

    Hank Arnold Guest

    This is a warning. They are trying to tell you that you might have
    problems. I've seen it many times and gone ahead with no problems.

    Having said that, please be sure to:

    1) Back up your data

    2) Back up your data

    3) Back up your data

    4) Did I mention "Back up your data!!"??

    Hank Arnold, Jul 9, 2007
  7. marcy

    Sudohnim Guest

    Yeah, for example... search the manufacturer's support site for
    documents containing the error message....

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/0/79d64fffdbf76ebc65256f540068e811?OpenDocument

    .... and learn that it doesn't apply to the OS you are running. That
    doesn't always work, but when it or a google search does you have
    your answer in < 1 minute :)

    Sudohnim, Jul 9, 2007
  8. marcy

    S.Lewis Guest

    Hank, I'm not positive but I think the OP should back up their data before
    they try this.

    What do you think?

    Sincerely,

    Department of Redundancy Department

    S.Lewis, Jul 9, 2007
  9. marcy

    RnR Guest

    How many guesses do I get before I answer <g> ?

    Even if not necessary in this case, ALWAYS a good practice whether
    necessary or not !!

    RnR, Jul 9, 2007
  10. marcy

    olfart Guest

    and make sure to have a good backup of your backups.
    Not a joke...I learned the hard way some years ago

    olfart, Jul 9, 2007
  11. marcy

    RnR Guest

    Correct. No joke when you need it.
    Speaking from experience.

    RnR, Jul 9, 2007
  12. marcy

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Personally, I like to live on the edge.... ;-)

    Hank Arnold, Jul 10, 2007
  13. marcy

    Tony Harding Guest

    Nice to hear from Mr Suspenders and Belt. :)

    Tony Harding, Jul 11, 2007