New eVGA 7950GT: Are there now some options I can take advantage of?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by PW, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. PW

    PW Guest

    Hi,

    I just upgraded my Athlon Dual-Core 3800+, 1GB RAM system from using
    an eVGA 6800GT video card to an eVGA 7950GT card. I heard or read
    somewhere that the single new card can run in SLI mode by itself but
    perhaps that is untrue.

    Are there options I can now choose in the NVidia Control Panel that I
    couldn't get away with before? Yes, of course, would be the correct
    answer :)

    I am running the 91.47 drivers. But I currently am still using a CRT
    Monitor (NEC MultiSync 97F). I am considering a Samsung Synchmaster
    206BW as reviewed in the latest Maximum PC but of course I can only
    find the 206-4 - in the near future.

    Thanks,

    -paul w

    PW, Feb 21, 2007

  2. PW

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    http://www.nhancer.com

    Everything you ever wanted to do with your new nvidia card, with
    side-by-side information. (Only drawback, requires .NET 2.0 which is not
    included, but free and transparent.)

    Mr.E Solved!, Feb 21, 2007

  3. I think perhaps you have this confused with the 7950 GX2 which is a single
    videocard slot with two cards bridged together. SLI is for TWO videocards
    with a supported motherboard. You can't run SLI without a 2nd videocard.

    regards
    Robert

    RR Johnson Jr., Feb 21, 2007
  4. PW

    PW Guest

    You can bet I bookmarked that site!!! Thanks!

    PW, Feb 21, 2007
  5. PW

    PW Guest

    I bet I did! <s> I never saw the GX2 offered at mwave, newegg, amazon,
    etc... I wonder how much more it costs. Oh well, I like my new card
    so far.

    PW, Feb 21, 2007
  6. PW

    PW Guest

    Oh well, I think I made the right decision even if I didn't mean to

    http://www.techdomain.com.au/index.php?topic=1623.msg4541;topicseen

    PW, Feb 21, 2007