New Google Maps coming

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Alan Browne, May 18, 2013.

  1. Alan Browne

    Rod Speed Guest

    Yes you did.
    It isnt.
    We'll see...
    Wrong. It works fine for a trail too.
    You can do that with the description that accompanys
    the log, much easier than using a graphical too.
    You can do that with the description that accompanys
    the log, much easier than using a graphical too.

    And Apple can get that data from the competitors maps too.
    And photos or a panoramic view does that much better again.
    I am discussing it with you because you were the one that
    claimed that Apple putting the maps on the web with a
    graphical tool is the only way to do it. Apple isnt that stupid,
    so there is no need to even comment to them about that.
    Because its much more viable to just have the reporter specify
    the GPS coords where the problem is and they can just look at
    their competitor's maps and see the problem with their maps.

    And because they don't care anything like as much about walking
    trails which are much better done like that than than having the
    maps online with a graphical tool that allows editing the maps.
    You don't know that either. They may just think that fixing the obvious
    errors in their maps is much more important at the moment.
    And you have absolutely no idea how many more they would have got if
    they had made it much easier to notify them of problems with their maps.

    Rod Speed, May 27, 2013

  2. Alan Browne

    Rod Speed Guest

    Didn't do anything like that. I JUST said that it clearly isnt what
    happens everywhere and wondered if that was due to the different
    sources of maps those two operations use where he sees that.
    See above.

    Rod Speed, May 27, 2013