  1. We've gone over how that doesn't carry well on usenet...[/QUOTE]

    In context, with the quote of Davoud's message included, it should have
    been obvious.

    Michelle Steiner, May 20, 2013

  2. How's that "I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this" working for
    him?[/QUOTE]

    Apparently, it killed him. He's dead, Jim.

    Michelle Steiner, May 20, 2013

  3. Alan Browne

    Tom Stiller Guest

    I submitted the information directly to Google, using their contact link.
    I informed them of the error. It's not up to me to make the corrections
    myself; I'm not in their employ.

    BTW, when was Google Map Maker made available to the public, and how does
    one access it?[/QUOTE]

    Click at the bottom left of a displayed map (Mac Safari).

    Tom Stiller, May 20, 2013
  4. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    In context, with the quote of Davoud's message included, it should have
    been obvious.[/QUOTE]

    Looked more like one of your constant barbs at Google wherever they may
    be the slightest threat to Apple.

    Alan Browne, May 20, 2013
  5. Click at the bottom left of a displayed map (Mac Safari).[/QUOTE]

    Bottom right on my system.

    I tried submitting the change from Crestview Chateau to Sun River; we'll
    see how long it takes to appear. Curiously, though, although Cooper
    Commons was not displayed before today, it's now displayed.

    Michelle Steiner, May 20, 2013
  6. Looked more like one of your constant barbs at Google wherever they may
    be the slightest threat to Apple.[/QUOTE]

    You must have me confused with someone else; I do not sling "constant
    barbs" at Google. I rarely sling any barbs at them.

    Michelle Steiner, May 20, 2013
  7. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    You must have me confused with someone else; I do not sling "constant
    barbs" at Google. I rarely sling any barbs at them.[/QUOTE]

    Right.

    Alan Browne, May 20, 2013
  8. Alan Browne

    Warren Oates Guest

    We had a problem where the streets in our area didn't match up to the
    satellite view. So if you put your marker on your street corner in map
    view, and then switched to satellite, your marker would be a
    block-and-a-half away on the other side of the street. Okay, it wasn't
    that bad, but it _was_ way off. The oul' Woman wrote them a bunch of
    times and they eventually fixed it.

    Warren Oates, May 20, 2013
  9. Alan Browne

    Warren Oates Guest

    That's an interesting point. I religiously back up my Gmail accounts
    (with IMAP) because, while I'm grateful for Google's generosity, I don't
    particularly trust them. There's no guarantee that they won't just
    discontinue the service on a moment's notice.

    Warren Oates, May 20, 2013
  10. Alan Browne

    Warren Oates Guest

    Exactly. My ISP is Sympatico. I don't use their mail service a tall. I
    seriously distrust them. Probably without real reason -- they've got
    thousands of customers. It's paranoid principle, I guess.

    Warren Oates, May 20, 2013
  11. Alan Browne

    JF Mezei Guest

    Sympatico hasn't provided an email service for a long long time. They
    point their customers to Hotmail (I guess now Outlook.com ). And when
    you end your Bell internet subscription, you cannot keep your hotmail
    account because it is destroyed along with your internet connection.

    JF Mezei, May 20, 2013
  12. Alan Browne

    billy Guest

    Well, he took a pretty bad posthumous hit on the change in maps apps, heh.

    Billy Y..

    billy, May 20, 2013
  13. Alan Browne

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In context, with the quote of Davoud's message included, it should have
    been obvious.[/QUOTE]

    It was.

    Jim Gibson, May 20, 2013
  14. Alan Browne

    Guest Guest

    Guest, May 20, 2013
  15. Alan Browne

    Guest Guest

    only the core is. android is a lot more than its core. linux apps won't
    run. android apps are java running in its own jvm called dalvik. there
    was a major lawsuit because of this.

    it's tracked separately because android phones are *different* than
    phones running linux.

    Guest, May 20, 2013
  16. I'm happy that we're in agreement about that.

    Michelle Steiner, May 20, 2013
  17. Alan Browne

    Guest Guest

    not counted that way.

    Guest, May 20, 2013
  18. Alan Browne

    D.F. Manno Guest

    Do you get paid for this? If not, why do you give free labor to a
    company with $50 billion in revenue?

    D.F. Manno, May 20, 2013
  19. Alan Browne

    Sandman Guest

    Not at all. Anyone can use Google Maps without an account of any kind.[/QUOTE]

    This is not in contradiction with anything I said above.

    Sandman, May 20, 2013
  20. Alan Browne

    D.F. Manno Guest

    How would that help Apple sell machines?

    D.F. Manno, May 20, 2013