    It is junky and inconvenient to use, cluttered and very difficult to
    negotiate posting and moving through different groups with ease.

    Icky icons, junky and distracting.

    Twittering One, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Because I used to like Google.

    Twittering One, Jan 23, 2007

  3. I cannot locate a REFRESH button, sure there must be one ...

    Twittering One, Jan 23, 2007
  4. I don't find your comments helpful to my question, Mike.
    Save your breath.

    Twittering One, Jan 24, 2007
  5. Right. I can refresh from my toolbar, but I see
    no refresh for a group you're accessing when reading
    new postings.

    The Google search interface is the same;
    it's the usenet Groups that is now "upgraded,"
    with lots of new junk on the page.

    For example, you now have to click a drop-down menu to
    access other subscribed groups, instead of having a nice list
    of your subscribed groups on the left margin of the page,
    as previously.

    Twittering One, Jan 24, 2007
  6. NY Weather Report for JR ...
    .... a touch of snow, but not nearly as much as the NW;
    chilly, but rather fair, nonetheless, over the past few days.

    Twittering One, Jan 24, 2007
  7. Twittering One

    NRen2k5 Guest

    Not completely. I don't think it's too much worse than it used to be.
    But I also think it wasn't all that good to begin with.

    NRen2k5, Jan 24, 2007
  8. Twittering One

    Dr.zara Guest

    The guy has proved himself to be extremely AR. He's got nothing of value to
    say - ever.

    Dr.zara, Jan 24, 2007
  9. Twittering One

    Guest Guest

    I think they do quite well considering the limitations of web-based
    interfaces with text conversations. If you can't use a mail program,
    it's okay.

    Andy

    Guest, Jan 24, 2007
  10. Twittering One

    Beth Guest

    I like it. It's free. You don't have to download it and have extra
    garbage on your computers. beth

    Beth, Jan 25, 2007
  11. Twittering One

    Tim McNamara Guest

    It's also slow and clunky to use. I personally find it a major pain and
    much prefer a newsreader. Mine (MT-NewsWatcher) is also free, and my
    ISP provides a Usenet feed as part of my service. I can read news much
    faster and even can skip looking at troll posts.

    Tim McNamara, Jan 25, 2007
  12. If you want a truly simple and free news app (which is still lightyears
    ahead of Google groups) try OSXnews: http://osxnews.sourceforge.net/

    It's modelled after Mail.app and while it is too simple for my taste it
    surely beats using Google.

    Jochem

    Jochem Huhmann, Jan 25, 2007