    tell me if there are any limits to what the m/board can take?

    Thanks

    Stephen Reed

    Stephen Reed, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Stephen Reed

    ANTant Guest

    Stephen, I have an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9800 card on mine. No problems.
    I had to upgrade my power supply since HDDs were flaky. You shouldn't
    have any problems.
    --
    "When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have not seen
    them all." --Edward O. Wilson, 1992
    | |o o| | E-mail: or
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )

    ANTant, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Stephen Reed

    Wazza Guest

    A friend and I went out and bought ourselves a pair of Hitachi TFTs. The
    ones with the speakers down the bottom. Anyhow to keep it short, both our
    monitors turn on and off very quickly at certain times and this worried us
    too. My friend phoned a monitor repair centre and the bloke there told him
    that TFT monitors respond way quicker than the old tube monitors did and it
    is not a problem.

    We both use decent video cards and have no

    Wazza, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Stephen Reed

    Stephen Reed Guest

    Thanks, I had this monitor for a year now and has never done that before
    now....?
    Plus I have recently upgraded to Direct X 9.0b and the card does not support
    it, although it has the latest drivers.
    So I'm hoping and being the cheapest solution that a new graphics card will
    cure the monitor cut outs!

    Thanks again

    Stephen Reed

    Stephen Reed, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Stephen Reed

    Wazza Guest

    I installed those dx9 drivers into 2 of my computers and that gave me minor
    problems in both.
    One still has those problems and the other I had to reformat and go again
    and the dx9 problem has vanished so it is possible that the Direct X drivers
    have given you a hiccup. Actually I think it is a game I play that gives
    the monitor a quick on and off and I think that is because the game is
    changing the screen resolution.
    Anyhow don`t worry about it.

    Wazza, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Stephen Reed

    Stephen Reed Guest

    Also there is a Windows 2000/XP security bug that does not allow new cards
    to be fitted in the PCI slots until you alter the registry, Adjusting the
    Permission for full access?

    Hope this helps to future techies who wants to upgrade there Win 2000/XP
    systems?

    Steve

    Stephen Reed, Dec 7, 2003