New Hope for overdue Soyo Rebates

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by R Hallman, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. R Hallman

    R Hallman Guest

    Dear valued Customer:
    Thank you for your recent submission of your rebate request. (So you did
    get it)

    According to our record, we did not receive your rebate request. (Huh ?) If
    you believe your mail was lost or misdirected, please contact your mail
    carrier directly. According to the rebate program's terms and conditions
    "manufacturers are not responsible for the lost or misdirected mail". (BS)

    However, we may able to help you if you will re-submit (keyword is "may")

    1) a copy of your correct rebate form (forms)

    2) a copy of invoice or packing list or receipt

    3) a copy of UPC Barcode

    by register mail to the following address : - (Registered Mail for a $10
    Rebate?)

    Attn : Luis

    Special Care Customer Services Dept

    1042 N. Mountain Ave # B 291

    Upland CA 91786

    We will make sure to process your rebate request within 3 weeks after
    receive your mail. Please email me if you do not receive your rebate check
    within 4 weeks. You may also check your status after 3 weeks at
    www.verifyrebate.com

    We would like to thank you again for your inquiry and patience! (I really
    think you would like it better if I just disappeared)

    Customer Services

    www.verifyrebate.com

    R Hallman, Mar 4, 2005

  2. R Hallman

    Guest Guest

    I sent my copies of the 'lost' forms and other records several weeks ago. No
    word yet. Exactly as they requested.

    I'd be willing to bet that I will never get a dime from Soyo.
    I encourage all vendors like New Egg and others to DROP ALL SOYO products
    immediately. There is no reason why a vendor should have their good reputation
    dragged into the mud because of the shoddy business practices of ONE supplier.
    There are many more suppliers to choose from. I have informed NewEgg that I will
    not be purchasing anything from them again until they drop the Soyo product
    line. Considering that I spend less than $2k a year with NewEgg I'm obviously a
    small fry in the big picture but if MORE people would start boycotting these
    vendors then maybe we can have some impact.

    Write your vendors. Let them know you don't appreciate them handling suppliers
    that participate in consumer rip-offs.

    Get those letters and emails flowing! Forget Soyo_ they could care less. HIT the
    vendors!

    Guest, Mar 4, 2005

  3. R Hallman

    Gary Balkam Guest

    Something you may wish to consider, it that the manufacturers seldom, if
    ever handle thier own rebate requests. Hence, the rebate is through
    www.verifyrebate.com. Many manufacturers use a single company to do this,
    it is the same way I get my rebates through the Future Shop (if it has
    wires, or goes into something that has wires, you look here first). Future
    Shop rebates are handled through a rebate center. Hence, your complaints
    would be more effectively directed to Soyo (and other manufacturers)
    directly. www.verifyrebate.com gets paid for processing those rebates.
    Since I am not familiar with verifyrebate, I can't say in all certianty,
    however, if one thinks about it, Soyo produces Mobos, etc... Maxtor makes
    hard drives, etc.. It makes better sence to have someone else handle rebates
    than to run the expence of a dedicated accounting system. Want results?
    Contact Soyo.

    Gary Balkam, Mar 4, 2005
  4. R Hallman

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 5, 2005
  5. Well I did see that I was approved on the rebate handler's webpage, but I
    had to keep calling Soyo directly to get my rebate $$$ until I finally got
    my rebates.

    I agree with you that no one else should deal with fraudulent companies like
    Soyo.
    I also agree with you that all of the people who experienced problems with
    Soyo should notify the places where they bought the products.
    Might even get some discount coupons from the stores!!! <g> Well it is a
    possibility! lol
    Maybe these places will stop selling Soyo's products, or force Soyo to offer
    INSTANT rebates!! I bought mine from Microcenter.
    A bad reputation is very hard to turn around!!!

    I hope I don't have any trouble with the actual Soyo components that I
    bought. I would consider them a disposable item and probably not even try
    to get them replaced under warranty. :-(
    Too much of a hassle probably.

    JMHO
    dave
    (One out of many daves)

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Mar 5, 2005
  6. R Hallman

    Steve Larson Guest

    I got my rebates within a month of sending my photocopies to Luis. Newegg's
    customer service was awesome with helping me resolve this after 5 months of
    waiting.

    Steve Larson, Mar 19, 2005
  7. Congrats to you!
    Was it worth the trouble? ;-)
    Mine was since the rebates bought me a new color tv! <g>

    So there is hope for all others. KEEP PURSUING IT AND DON'T GIVE UP
    Don't allow them to cheat you and win!!!

    JMHO
    dave

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Mar 20, 2005
  8. R Hallman

    Steve Larson Guest

    Was it worth the trouble to collect my $75? Yes.

    Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.

    Steve Larson, Mar 22, 2005
  9. Sentiments of just about everyone here!!
    Would I ever buy a Soyo product again? No.

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Mar 23, 2005
  10. R Hallman

    Steve Larson Guest

    I think it's a positive move that CompUSA was penalized for rebate issues.
    It makes the resellers think twice before getting involved promoting rebates
    with shady manufacturers like Soyo.

    Steve Larson, Mar 23, 2005
  11. R Hallman

    John Guest

    John, Mar 26, 2005
  12. R Hallman

    Guest Guest

    Newegg as been busting their stones to try to resolve the rebate problem for
    their customers. Bravo to Newegg! I received my $70 this week as I'm sure many
    other Newegg customers did. I'm steering clear of Soyo for a while as this
    rebate thing was really a pain in the ass but I'm glad to see that SOME of the
    retailers are getting their act together and putting some pressure on these
    bogus offers.

    Guest, Apr 2, 2005
  13. R Hallman

    Steve Larson Guest

    Agreed, Newegg has been an outstanding merchant. I have no personal or
    business connection to them, aside from being a customer, but I would
    encourage anyone to look for their purchases at Newegg first. Their
    customer service is top-notch.

    Steve Larson, Apr 3, 2005
  14. Not really, Tiger Direct was in 1999 and there still doing things, according
    to the BBB.

    DeocratsAreCrybabies, Apr 8, 2005
  15. R Hallman

    R Hallman Guest

    Well I got my rebate but it didn't come from Soyo or Verifyrebate.com. I
    sent an email to Newegg and asked them for help. Newegg issued a credit to
    my credit card for the $10 Soyo rebate that was due. I didn't feel like
    they should have done this but I'm glad to know that they were willing to
    take responsibility for a rebate they advertised. I just hate to see them
    let those Soyo crooks of the hook.

    R Hallman, Apr 10, 2005
  16. R Hallman

    buck09 Guest

    I got that same reply about Luis. They say that they have mailed my
    check... We'll see.

    Now they claim that my second rebate must have gotten lost in the
    mail. (yeah right).

    Problem is, I don't have a photocopy of my UPC and can't make another,
    since I sent the original to them.

    This seems to be another dirtbag scam so they can get away with only
    sending 1 out of 2 rebates.

    If anyone has a scan of the UPC code for the
    SY-P4RC350, please send me a private message. I'd
    like to arrange to get a copy of it so I can re-send my second rebate
    by certified mail.

    buck09, Apr 22, 2005