    which models are you referring to? I must agree with you that I have noticed
    this trend. I guess most ppl. just don't care about the video card and just
    look for the highest cpu rating.

    Dan, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Dan

    perfb Guest

    a quick browse of the new Dell flyer seemed to show no Inspiron models
    with either ATI or Nvidia graphics chips, only Intel graphics? WUWT?
    Is there no longer any performance benefits of Nvidia vs Intel GPUs?
    Or do customers no longer care about 3D benchmarks? Or is there a new
    line of Dell hi end multimedia laptops? (none in the flyer though)

    perfb, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Dan

    Kevin Guest

    On certain models, you can choose a dedicated card as an option. The base
    model Inspirons do not offer such a choice.

    Kevin, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Dan

    Quaoar Guest

    Most vendors seem to be following similar practice this year. I'm
    thinking that the vendors see the market as new owners moving from
    desktops so they are heavily advertising "utility" laptops good for web
    surfing and not much else. Most have at least one more capable model
    with separate video cards. Besides, the holy grail of a "gaming" laptop
    has been difficult to achieve since gaming is a moving target,
    incompatible with laptops, and this has been the driving force for
    offering video cards.

    Quaoar, Mar 16, 2006