    bios.....if that doesn't work, i'm stuffed.
    ANY suggestions gratefully received

    Davy Neill

    Davy Neill, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Davy Neill

    chuckie® Guest

    Bearing in mind that I have an IDE drive as my primary. Presently, I'm
    using the SATA for storage. At some point I'm going to put everything onto
    the SATA, just haven't gotten around to it. In the back of my mind I
    picture the drive becoming unbootable when I do it, but, then, I'm a bit of
    a pessimist...luck...

    chuckie®, Mar 23, 2005

  3. Davy Neill

    chuckie® Guest

    I find it a bit ironic that 'spell check' lists SATAN as the first
    suggestion for 'SATA' when sending...hmmmm...

    chuckie®, Mar 23, 2005
  4. Davy Neill

    Pagan Guest

    Try it again, but keep going down the driver list.

    This threw me off as well when I first started my install. It appears to
    have just a few drivers for Intel stuff and whatnot, and there's no
    indication that you can scroll down for more.

    Seems they use the same floppy for four different chipsets and several OS's,
    and throw the same disk in for all motherboards.

    As I was writing this, I looked at the floppy, which on the bottom of the
    label says "ps. please scroll down for more selection"

    Doh! heh

    Pagan

    Pagan, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Davy Neill

    Davy Neill Guest

    you're a genius, i'm an idiot...ta muchly

    Davy

    Davy Neill, Mar 29, 2005