    connectors, somewhat akin to the way memory modules look.

    Is there a major design change that brought this on? Or is this a
    proprietary thing?

    Charles B. Summers, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Charles B. Summers

    Dave Guest

    The E1505 uses SATA drives. The one you bought earlier is probably an
    IDE drive. It's called progress. :)

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 20, 2006

  3. I was right then... I AM out of the loop.

    Thanks

    PS: What to do with an IDE I don't really need now?

    Charles B. Summers, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Charles B. Summers

    PDR Guest

    It's classified as hazardous waste - I suggest you mail it to me for safe
    disposal ASAP.

    PDR

    PDR, Sep 20, 2006
  5. Charles B. Summers

    BigJim Guest

    sell it on ebay

    BigJim, Sep 20, 2006
  6. Charles B. Summers

    paulmd Guest

    Are you sure that's not the modem?
    This is the hard drive enclosure. To get to the actual hard drive, you
    need to open up the enclosure. That part is not shown in the service
    manual. It's Delicate, but it can be done.

    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins6400/en/sm/hddrive.htm#wp1123687

    paulmd, Sep 21, 2006
  7. Charles B. Summers

    Dave Guest

    You can always get an external USB enclosure and use it as an external
    HD. Might be handy for making backups, storing digital photos, etc.

    Dave

    Dave, Sep 21, 2006