    to battery life ie
    programs running in the background, screen res. (brightness) etc.?
    Thanks.

    GoldLexus, Oct 17, 2003

  2. From a couple of the reviews on the zd7000 series, say the battery life
    is a little over 2 hours and also read one that said 2 hours 17 minutes.
    I've never read or heard that the zd7000 gets 3 hours.

    Still doesn't keep me from saving for a zd7000 series :)

    SK

    Steve & Sharon, Oct 17, 2003

  3. GoldLexus

    GoldLexus Guest

    I haven't read 3 hours either but the person at Best buy is the one who told
    me. At any rate I am still not getting even 2 hours. I don't know if it is a
    bad battery or if I have too much running.
    I really like the zd7000. The screen is awesome, the keyboard very
    comfortable and love the number pad to the side. I didn't see any other
    laptops with the number key pad, it is a must for me.
    It is definitely worth every penny, dollar, first born!

    GoldLexus, Oct 17, 2003
  4. GoldLexus

    Conor Turton Guest

    On a new laptop it's likely to be too much running.

    Conor Turton, Oct 18, 2003
  5. GoldLexus

    timeOday Guest

    A few things:

    First, manufacturers and salespeople are liars when it comes to anything
    that can be measured subjectively. The battery life test results from
    somebody like cnet.com will be closer to the truth. So I don't think
    failing to live up to advertising claims is a sign of a below-average
    machine.

    Second, you battery life might improve after a few charge / discharge cycles
    on the battery. (Of course, after that it will start gradually going
    downhill).

    Third, the laptops settings definitely make a big difference. The screen
    resolution doesn't make a difference, but the brightness does. A lot of
    laptops now have adjustable speed CPUs too. And you can set your hard
    drive to stop spinning if no programs use it for a while. Poke around your
    computer's 'Start' menu and you'll probably find some power management
    utilities preinstalled.

    timeOday, Oct 18, 2003
  6. GoldLexus

    stronggeek Guest

    I've not seen more than 2 hours use with my zd7000, but I don't think
    it's a bad battery.

    I believe 2 houts or less unplugged is quite common with this unit.

    That being said, I love everything else about this machine!

    Paul

    stronggeek, Oct 30, 2003