    I simply have a defective laptop? I am hesitant to send it back
    because the problem is so intermittent, they may never see it.

    Thanks in advance for any replies.

    DaveR, May 7, 2004

  2. It's possible that the correct video drivers weren't installed, or
    the refresh rate is improperly set.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, May 7, 2004

  3. DaveR

    DaveR Guest

    It has the latest drivers, and the refresh rate is at 60Hz which is
    the only possible choice (it is meaningless for an LCD).

    DaveR, May 7, 2004
  4. DaveR

    Good Man Guest

    i would definetly give tech support a call if you are still within
    warranty, or maybe try to track down a dealer, bring in your laptop, use
    THEIR AC-Adapter on YOUR laptop and see if it still shows problems. You
    can also bring in your AC adapter and see if it causes problems using their
    outlet... this will just help you troubleshoot a little further.

    i have some pretty weak/dirty power at my home, and while it doesn't affect
    my laptop, it definely affects my 19" monitor.

    Good Man, May 7, 2004
  5. What happens when the laptop's powered by battery?

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, May 7, 2004
  6. DaveR

    Good Man Guest

    @spamcop.net:

    im pretty sure he indicated it works fine.... that's why its good to test
    to see whether or not the AC adapter is messing up the proper current.

    Good Man, May 7, 2004
  7. DaveR

    DaveR Guest

    Yes, I have not noticed the problem on battery. To be honest, I hardly
    ever notice the problem at all. Once in awhile, I do see brightness
    fluctuations, but I'm afraid it is so subtle that if I return the
    laptop, tech support may not be able to replicate it.

    I do notice the same brightness fluctuations when the laptop first
    awakens from standby mode, until it fully warms up (about 30 sec).
    So I wonder, can bad AC power, or a bad power supply, cause these
    types of problems?

    My main concern is that the LCD or inverter is bad, and might fail
    down the road. Since I have 30 days to return the laptop for any
    reason, I might want to do that if it is likely that it is defective
    (i.e. do these subtle flickers indicate a problem).

    Thanks for your responses.

    DaveR, May 10, 2004