    Have late 2009 macmini with OS-X v 10.8.5
    Just received new macmini from Apple & assuming it has Mavericks OS.
    What will I need to do to get my mail boxes from the old machine to the new?

    Frank, Dec 31, 2013

  2. Migration Assistant

    Barry Margolin, Dec 31, 2013

  3. I'll amend what Barry posted.

    Have both machines up and running and connected your network. Boot your
    new machine and during the setup dialog it will ask if you want to
    import settings and applications from the old machine. Answer Yes and
    go make some coffee once it's going. That's it.

    Michael Vilain, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Frank

    Earl Grey Guest

    If you don't want to import all your settings/info with the Migration
    Assistant as others have suggested, just export your old mailboxes and
    then import them onto your new box.

    Earl Grey, Dec 31, 2013
  5. Frank

    Your Name Guest

    Or don't bother. Just start fresh on the new computer and use the old
    computer if you need to look at old emails ... you'll probably find
    that you never need them (other than perhaps to retrieve someone's
    email address).

    Your Name, Dec 31, 2013
  6. Frank

    Alan Browne Guest

    I'll amend that by saying do it at bedtime ... can take a while.

    Alan Browne, Dec 31, 2013