    Building an Intel D865PERL w/P4@3Ghz. When do i update the BIOS?
    Before I install the os, using a bootable disk, downloaded from Intel
    site?

    sdeyoreo, Nov 21, 2003

  2. sdeyoreo

    Cobblers! Guest

    Either will do. It's rare that a stock bios is so bugged out that you
    have OS problems. I just bought and installed an Abit IC7 mb and
    installed XP then used their cool Flashmenu that you run while on the
    Internet and it updates the bios to the latest for you right from
    within Windows.

    Cobblers!, Nov 23, 2003

  3. sdeyoreo

    Eddie Guest

    Hi, you can update the BIOS either before or after, it's ok.

    But, if you want to have a guaranteed OS installation, you may update
    the BIOS prior to installing the Windows.

    Just make sure that you have a bootable disk, and downloaded the
    correct BIOS.

    Cheers!

    Eddie Lee
    Computer-Hardware-Part.com

    Eddie, Nov 23, 2003

  4. This is how I look at it. First I don't have any reason to update
    my BIOS and from what I read if you mess up doing it you can kiss
    your board goodbye. Updating it is tricky (for non-pros) and can
    cause nothing but headaches. If your PC is running I wouldn't even
    think about it.

    Nick

    Nicolas The Great, Dec 19, 2003